backwards is not easier.
just... so you know. just because i want to save you all the pain and agony that i have recently experienced...
when doing hill repeats.. for the second time in your LIFE.. ever... do not mistake the ease of the first few hills as a sign of... oh. i guess i'm pretty good at these things now......
do not think to yourself it is a good idea to sprint up a few times, just cuz maybe that could be fun...
and above all... do not, under any circumstances, convince yourself that if you just walked up hills # 13-16 backwards that you could finish your repeats on a high note.
trust me on this one okay? just.... don't.
when doing hill repeats.. for the second time in your LIFE.. ever... do not mistake the ease of the first few hills as a sign of... oh. i guess i'm pretty good at these things now......
do not think to yourself it is a good idea to sprint up a few times, just cuz maybe that could be fun...
and above all... do not, under any circumstances, convince yourself that if you just walked up hills # 13-16 backwards that you could finish your repeats on a high note.
trust me on this one okay? just.... don't.


8 Comments:
well, you've pretty much talked me the hell outta hill repeats!!! Yay for you! You're rockin'!
The other day I side stepped up (alternating legs) up a hill. Ouch. My inner/outer thighs were so not happy.
Great job finishing them however you did it!
whoa.. side step huh? cool idea.
i'll NOT take my advice and try that next time!
..... i'm running on post at ft. leavenworth.. there's a hill that just doesnt quit about a half mile from the gym...
Great job on the hill repeats. Just going uphills backwards is an accomplishment, but doing 12 before that is awesome.
Ok, I won't. I promise.
I'll take speedwork over hills, any day. There's a chump of a hill in the Fox Cities Marathon at about mile 14. Last time I ran that race I was right at 10 min/mile up to the bottom of that hill. When I got over the hill, my average pace took a nosedive.
Chicago. Flat. Good.
ugh!! you're making me cringe at the thought of Boston's Heartbreak Hill in a month!!!
great blog by the way!
Ohhhhhh yeah, but the more they suck now, the less they'll suck later, bebe. And just think of what they're doing for the fab-ass project you've got going on!
Post a Comment
<< Home